Who are we?
This website www.absugar.com (the “Site”) is owned and operated by British Sugar plc. British Sugar plc is part of the Associated British Foods plc group of companies. References to “we”, “our” or “us” in this privacy statement mean British Sugar plc.
This privacy statement sets out what will happen to information we collect from you or that you provide to us when you visit the Site. By providing us with your information you agree that we may use your information in the ways set out in this privacy statement.
We may amend and update this privacy statement from time to time and new versions will be posted on the Site. Please check this privacy statement on a regular basis.
What information do we collect about you?
When you visit the Site, we may collect two different types of information about your visit: (1) statistical information collected as you browse the site, and (2) Personal Information which you knowingly give to us. This information (“your information”) may include:
- information concerning your visit to the Site such as traffic data, location data, and other communication data
- information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to enable us to identify trends. This is statistical data and does not identify you specifically
- any correspondence you send to us (whether by email or post or otherwise).
How will we use your information?
We will protect the confidentiality of your information in accordance with our normal procedures and legal requirements.
We will use the information we hold about you:
- to customise the website according to your interests and to ensure the Site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you
- for our internal purposes such as quality control, site performance, system administration, internal record keeping and to evaluate use of the Site, so that we can provide you with enhanced services
- to notify you about changes to our services
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you (provided of course that you agree)
- to create reports to assist with future marketing; and
- for the purpose of obtaining professional advice and complying with our legal obligations
We will only keep your information for as long as is necessary for these purposes.
Cookies on the Site
The Site uses “cookies” to collect information about your visit and track your use of the Site. Please see our COOKIES POLICY for more information.
Where do we transfer your information to?
We will not transfer your information to, or store it, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Who do we share your information with?
We will not sell, share distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless:
- we have your permission
- the third party helps us to provide our products or services to you
- this is necessary in connection with the sale of a business or its assets.
How do we keep your information secure?
All your information is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those sites, we encourage you to read the privacy policies on those sites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or for their privacy policies.
Please check those privacy policies before you submit your information to those sites. Please also see our TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE for further provisions relating to other websites.
How to contact us
Requests to provide you with the personal information we hold about you should be sent to the address set out above. Please note that we make a small charge of £10.00 for providing this information.
Back to top